Monday, April 8, 2013

Tech Experts Down the Hall

We value the fact that we have teachers in our building who are becoming or who already are experts with apps features of the iPad. As a way to connect those teachers to other teachers who could benefit from their expertise, Ms. Hogan compiled a list that will be posted in many common areas. We have many "Experts Down the Hall" that can help!

Tech Experts Down the Hall
Dropbox
Brad Coltrane - this is my main storage point for handouts, information, etc.
Chad Cooley
Tim Rhodes

Edmodo
Jane Bruce
Brad Coltrane -this is my primary means of daily and weekly online communication with students; I’m also training them to turn in essays here
Chad Cooley
Kelley Etheredge
Susan Norris - Edmodo helps students stay organized with class.  I post everything here!
Tim Rhodes

Educreations
Susan Norris - THIS HAS BEEN MY FAVORITE APP EVER!  It is so easy to use for flipping the classroom, creating tutorials, and reteaching difficult topics.  My students even used it to present information to our class.  It links right to edmodo and is very user friendly.

Evernote

Explain Everything
Brad Coltrane - love this app.  I used it for tutorials on how to prepare a text for close analysis
Dale Windle - I use Explain Everything to record flipped lectures in my history and Econ classes.

Gradecam
Chad Cooley
Jennifer McCollum
Deborah Wilson - I use it for all of my tests. It gives immediate feedback for myself and my students. It breaks down each question to show the percentages for missing the questions and for getting the questions correct. It also gives an overall average for the test.


iAnnonate

iMovie
Jane Bruce
Tim Rhodes

Instagram
Chad Cooley

iPad 101

Moodle
Brad Coltrane - Hamley and I have designed a pretty good course for teaching research and another for his TOK class

Nearpod

Notability
Brad Coltrane - this is pretty much all I use or have my students use for notetaking, annotating texts for close reading.
Chad Cooley
Susan Norris - My students with iPads use notability to organize themselves.  This is their notebook – so to say.  It is an easy app with many functions. 

Quizlet
Chad Cooley
Jennifer McCollum
Susan Norris - This is a great way for students to make flashcards.  It is organized and gives more options than just “going through the deck”.  The games are a fun way to practice the information that you enter.
Deborah Wilson - I also allow my students to use Quizlet for their vocabulary words. It allows the student to study the words as flash cards and it will speak the words and definitions if they want. There are other helpful features.

Scoop.it
Brad Coltrane - My new favorite is Scoop.it, a way to catalog websites and have a single place for students to go and see online resources.  Most recently I’ve “scooped” all of the students’ reading blogs into my site, which allows them to access their classmates’ reading records online in one place, which I have linked via Twitter.  This is a great resource for teaching a particular topic in depth (such as Common Core will require…)  And it is FREE.

Twitter
Brad Coltrane – I “scoop” (see scoop.it above) then tweet
Chad Cooley
Kelley Etheredge
Alan Skinner -  I use it to discuss current events with students, remind about HW, use with movies instead of note taking as well as my learning from my PLN. 

YouTube
Tim Rhodes

HHS Webpage
Tim Rhodes

No comments:

Post a Comment