On Monday, February 18th we will have a Peer PD Day. This will be a day when HHS teachers are providing PD for us on topics that were requested via the survey completed on Survey Monkey. We have selected the sessions offered based on the frequency of the requests on the survey. We also found that many of you prefer the PD to be offered during the school day or right after school, so we have scheduled sessions to meet your needs. The following sessions will be offered. The periods that they are offered are included as well as the place where the PD will take place and the teacher who will be presenting the PD. I encourage you to take advantage of this great opportunity and learn with and from your peers during the school day. If you have further questions about a session, please email or see the presenter for additional information. We look forward to learning with you all on Monday!
Zero Period, 5th
(Zero- C336, 5th C336 A/B)
- Are you interested in learning a new way to help your students that are absent? Does flipping the class sound interesting but scary? Are you tired of power point and wonder how your students can present information from the iPad? Educreations is tool where teachers can create lessons for students (either as a tutorial or for flippling the class) or where students can create presentations to share with others. It is easy to use and easy to post on edmodo.
4th, 7th, 3:30 (
4th- A308, 7th and 3:30- B313)
- Observations, tips, and techniques that will keep students on task and undistracted while using an iPad or BYOD.
Flipping the Classroom 3:30 (A208) Windle
- This session will review the concept of flipping (including ideas for what to do in class) as well as review and demonstrate some basic apps with which to make instructional videos.
- This session will demonstrate the use of Dropbox for submitting and handing back work to students. You will need an annotation app that is linked to Dropbox, such as GoodReader, Notability, iAnnotate, etc.
- Annotate, Organize, Create. Introduction to functions in Notability.
Flipping the Classroom
(3rd- 2nd floor workroom, 7th- A202)
- Ideas and tricks for flipping the classroom.
- Using TweetChat in the classroom.