Monday, December 3, 2012

From the iPad of Deborah Wilson...

My classes are going great!  I went to a workshop with the Federal Reserve last night and it was awesome!  I am always encouraged when I go to these because I get great ideas, but I also realize I am doing some of the same things that teachers are doing across the area.  Last night was on the Federal Reserve, monetary policy, and banking.  We saw parts of “It’s a Wonderful Life” and received lots of ideas on how to implement it into our class.  It fits perfectly with what we are about to do and a lot of what we have already studied.

From the iPad of Esabeth Gannon...

Webinar: Our Students All Have iPads: Now What?
With more and more schools using iPads, many teachers are left wondering how to adapt their instruction to take full advantage of them. Join this webinar as experienced technology teacher Brad Flickinger shares resources to set your teachers up for success. Register Today!



From the iPad of Kellye Self...

In one of my many edmodo communities today, I saw a post about a cite that will help you gather research from a variety of places, and automatically keep up with your citations using MLA, APA or Chicago method of citation.  I shared it with my AP students immediately (since they were coming into class), and will be posting it on my Moodle page for all of my students.  I wanted to share it with all of you as well.  It really is pretty impressive, and I’ve only checked out the free version so far.  The site address is www.citelighter.com.  There is a video tutorial that explains how it works.  It likes firefox, chrome or safari better than explorer.  The initial registration process appears to use flash technology so signing up on the iPad wasn’t successful for me.
Kellye
 

No comments:

Post a Comment